Friday 26 April 2013

Snow Table and Snow Terrain

So, I got bored and made a snow table for the RMCC Wargames Club. What did you guys do with your evening? 
I thought I should post about it, maybe guilt you bitches into doing something with your lives.


It's kind of an awkward size (3'x6'), but it should be good for slightly smaller games. I need to do some finishing on it to clean up spots where the white stuff didn't take. I might carve some craters in as well, just for that added detail.

Needless to say I am super exited to play my new Coy of 101st Airborne on this table. Also, I don't think I mentioned that I got a Coy of 101st Airborne.

I also started on some terrain for this table; it's pictured below. The terrain needs finishing work as well (I can only do so much in one day), But will go nicely with my winter 101st. I did all the hills with a fairly low gradient, they should be fine for either 15mm or 25mm scale. I figure they'll at least let teams in Flames of War shoot over each other, you already get bulletproof cover if you dig in. Perhaps we'll say teams in trenches automatically pass their check to dig in? 

Keep in mind that these aren't quite done...


A hill, about 1.5cm in height at its highest, with a small cliff on one side.

Another hill, same height, with a shallow foxhole for 25mm or trenches for 15mm .
It can fit 2 Flames of War medium bases and one small base.


Here I got 3 short snowdrifts (about .5 cm high), They'll only be suitable for 15mm.
I also made 2 more hills, slightly shorter than the others, probably only good for 15mm. One has trenches for two medium bases and the other has trenches for two medium bases and a small base. 

1 comment:

  1. Jed that looks awesome...Ardennes-time? I'll have to find a 901st Panzergrenadier list.

    Remember that we stil have all those foliage-less trees still left over for 15mm, maybe for some winter forests?

    ReplyDelete