Tuesday 18 March 2014

Explanation of Hiatus

Bon-jour toot le monde

Okay, so we haven't been posting for a long time, and, while I think this is an issue, we're all super bogged down with schoolwork, so posts are probably gonna continue sporadically until the end of semester.

So, I got some things to say before I get started on the real reason behind this post.

First thing is that the Lego movie is awesome.
Second, Pokemon on Netflix is awesome.
Third, boobies are awesome.

D'accord

So first reason I'm writing this post to talk about the Closed-Beta for War Thunder Ground Forces. I don't know what I can talk about, cause I didn't actually read the NDA I accepted, so I'm gonna be a bit vague.

The game is excellent despite being in beta.The models are beautiful and the game-play is realistic enough that you can replicate actual tactics effectively. I played a bunch of World of Tanks before, and everything that pissed me off about that game is better in War Thunder. So much so that I uninstalled WoT because I couldn't justify ever playing it ever again.

I know I didn't really say much, but that's the way I feel. My only problem with this War Thunder closed beta is how god-damn hard it was to set up. I was hoping for a clean download and patch, but I actually had to copy all the game files and screw around with some files. It's times like that I'm glad I've got a few terabytes of space.

Second, topic is that I've started making a 2x2 square for our citadel gaming table. I know lack of pictures is kinda lame, but I don't want to post till it's finished. All I'm gonna say is that it is a flat piece with a gentle hill in the center. I wanted more appropriate FoW terrain on that table as Ridiculously high cliffs don't do it for me.

Finally I've started writing a short (3-5 battle) Flames of War Campaign that revolves around captured King Tigers being turned against Germans. I can't find many detailed reports of this happening, but some sources (albeit flaky ones) sat it happened. Maybe when I get more research done.

I'll probably post some more about this shit after this week, I've got like 80 papers and presentations to do this week, so I spend most of my time panicking and typing.

My fingers hurt

2 comments:

  1. The lego movie was actually amazing. Better than pokemon on netflix. Not better than boobies, but let's be real.

    ReplyDelete