Tuesday 12 August 2014

Back from Gagetown

As you may or may not know, I have been in Gagetown, NB all summer doing army things. The following picture pretty much sums it up.
Fortunately I have returned with success under my belt, relatively uninjured, and prepared for war gaming. Some interesting things happened while I was gone, most notable of which is the new Ork Codex for 40k. I haven't got a hold of it yet, but I promise you that when I do I'll have much to say.
The thing the other 4 guys seem to be excited for is a Warhammer Fantasy tournament coming up. I won't have a fully painted army to participate with, but I do have some plans for an empire steam tank army. And by plans I mean we have all the models except the steam tanks which are ordered. I'm really looking forward to grinding some puny elves underneath the steel treads of progress.
Finally, the Darkster and I played a game of FOW, America 4th Armour against some Russian Infantry. It was a fair fight meeting engagement. Here's a picture of us halfway through.

The game ended in a stalemate. My preliminary wave of tanks was fended off, but I caused many casualties and destroyed almost all of his anti-tank capability. I didn't feel like I could press forwards into assault with so few tanks, and he didn't want to run into the defensive fire of so many MG's. The last turn we played saw very little movement and only a handful of long range shots exchanged. We decided to call it a draw: the first team to get further reserves from higher would be able to break through, but this battle was indecisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment