Tuesday 5 August 2014

Tourmanent Prep

Tournament musings go!
Lists are due Aug 17. This is what I'll be bringing, hoping you folks could give it a look over before I submit.

Characters

lvl 4 sorceress (shadow probably, maybe heavens...) with horse, talisman of preservation, earthing rod (310)

BSB on horse with sheild, hail of doom arrow, helm of the hunt, flaming arrows (with +1 to wound evil) (168)

core (610 = 25.448%)

10 eternal guard with shields, champ, musician (140)

2 x 15 archers with no modifiers to shooting, musicians (235 + 235 = 470)

Special (724 = 30%)

5 poison scouts, banner (122)
9 poison scouts, musician (122)

3 treekin (135)

5 wild riders with shields, command, banner of eternal flame (180)

5 bitches of anraheir, lichebone pennant, musician (165)

Rare (585 = 24.406%)

8 waywatchers (160)
5 waywatchers (100)

2 eagles (100)

treeman (225)

total: 2397

Notes: No I cannot afford a 9th waywatcher. 14 poison shots might not be enough: 70% chance to take out a bolt thrower in one go, 42% to take out a cannon crew, but so far it's been going well.

Oh ya, and I totally changed my mind about taking chaos. I would have had to paint that war shrine and I think that may have killed me.
Such indecision.

Other things:
There are points to be had for display boards, I'm thinking of just grabbing one of the 2x2 table sections.
There are also bonus points for writing a page of fluff for the army. I'll be fleshing out my iron town/princess mononoke theme and I'll post it here for edits beforehand. I'm thinking that iron town will be an empire city just outside athel loren, living in reasonable harmony up until now, the men of iron town have spread into athel loren to get wood for the forges, thus inciting the wrath of the wood elves, and so on. I would choose bretonnia but they don't have black powder, which is crucial to the story.

I might post my 3 colour painted models.


No comments:

Post a Comment