Friday 29 May 2015

Team Tournament

I also hit up this camhammer team tournament in Cambridge. I didn't know my teammates, and I even failed to get Molgrimmar in. I roomed with Joe, right beside beer town and all seemed well. Turns out beer town doesn't serve pitchers, but I guess good thing because Joe got pretty vomity, and we had a pretty tame weekend.

The team had chaos, skaven, and orcs, with me playing wood elves. 2400 points, the usual army with a minor tweak. I took a sniper character in place of 5 waywatchers and it was entirely a mistake.

Myself, Andrew w/ orcs, Joe w/ chaos, and Josh w/ skaven.
Some teams even had sweet nick names.
There were five rounds of games, but in each round the team was paired up against an opposing team, and the games were decided by a match-up process (which involved cards as above). The idea is, I suppose, that you would try to play for the right match-ups because only combined team score matters, and it's capped between 30 and 50.

That said my captain definitely did it drunk, and the team we played round 1 just shuffled all the cards either way.







Round 1 I had Ricky with bretonnians, which is supposed to me in my favour. As it happened my entire army couldn't dismount a hippogryph dude who wreaked havoc on my lines. Then with two chances at 5+ he turned 11 wounds into 2 from a wildrider charge on knights. Then my line crumbled and I lost 1-19. (this was 200 point victory points)




Me freaking out that I'm going to lose big to bretonnians.

Game 2 we were at the bottom. I played vampire counts with black knights and blood knights, a big scary knight vampire, a pretty scary wight knight, and a variety of other undead stuff, mostly zombies.

I shot all of his knights but a lost a lot of points when my waywatchers were all killed by dogs. I couldn't get either of his knight characters and lost a ton of archers, and my wild riders were ineffective due his night shroud giving them asl.

I lost this one 9-11, but my team-mates did well enough for us to get 1 point short of max.

Round 3 I played against a double steam tank, triple knight unit, life magic empire army. At this point Joe was definitely doing the pairings drunk. Needless to say what could ran behind him while the rest got crushed. Waywatchers were ineffective against healing or toughness 7 knights, treeman got hit by 2 cannon balls, all my archers got steamed...

I think it was 7-13 and the team did okay.

My army in a corner/dead pile

Game 4 I played high elves. He had a block of pheonix guard, a block of white lions, two big units of archers, reavers, bolt throwers, and level 4 shadow and a level 2 high mage, bsb, maybe something else. 

I shot at his light stuff early and jumped in to kill the high magic wizard with some wild riders, successfully, after which point he backed up his units that I couldn't kill. So we shot at each other for 4 more turns casting shadow magic back and forth, and it was amazing!

I won this one 11-9 =D.



Me freaking out that I'm going to lose big to wood elves.
Round five we played Will Paul's team. Joe, my captain grudge matched Will Paul, then said fuck it to the pairings and I ended up in a wood elf mirror.

The scenario gave him first turn so I deployed everything out of range to force him to come to me. He got aggressive with his waywatchers, scouted them way up, and they got murderous on purpose on my bitches with the wizard and bsb, who all fled off the table before I had a turn.

I proceeded to hide in a corner and lose 0-20.


That was a very brief retelling since there were five games. Needless to say it was a lot of fun, but would have been better with team-mates who I knew *cough*. Also needless to say I did really bad so seriously no need to say that.

And actually seriously you have until sunday to save 10 bucks on a blood bath ticket.


1 comment:

  1. Man you lost those witch bitches turn one, that's pretty lame. Sounds like it was a tough tourney all round...but teammates you knew would still be doing the pairings drunk or at random.

    ReplyDelete