Sunday 17 January 2016

Trees and Strips of the Air Variety

So I did some terraining.
Plus I made an Marston Mat Airstrip.
Just a quick history lesson for everyone. Marston Mats were the US army's method of building air strips as fast as possible. It was a system of interlocking steel plates that was simply laid on the ground to make an air strip. The US made millions of pieces of this shit.

Overall I was trying to go for this kinda look for an airstrip:

I used duct tape that I dry-brushed to kind of get the effect of lots of small plates. I think it worked pretty well, so fuck everyone else.

To make it I first taped some cardboard.
Then did some painting.
Then flocked it.
It actually only took me a coupe hours to make.
On a side note. I've never had so much glue on my hands. Those trees are fuckers. Total. Fuckers.
Peace Bitches!

3 comments: