Monday 8 August 2016

Garden of Morr

Five years later and it's done! I present the Garden of Morr/ 28mm, multi-use, non IP-specific graveyard, for your gaming pleasure.

This came about in a few ways. It seemed like this thing was never going to get done past the initial paint Darko and I put on it (that was right after we picked it up), so I took it with me to Chicago while I was travelling for work. The people I was travelling with for that specific trip left we wanting for evening activity, and I decided on drybrushing and watching Metropolis (a good way to spend time but kind of disappointing, since Chicago actually has a lot to see).


That helped to get all the stone done using a uniform method. I stuck with bronze fences and blue roofs, being painted already. I washed the fences with brown and oxide.



Then I went over all the vines and roses. This part was the most detailed, naturally. I'm wishing at this point I had gone for a harsher highlight for both. I should have started with really dark greens and reds, to the highlight colour popped more. Alas it's done now and won't be re-done by myself.

Also $10 to anyone who can guess the exact number of skulls I missed while painting. 

There's still plenty of work that could be done on this if somebody was inclined (no takers? surprising), but I just don't care to spend that kind of time on terrain. That said it's now all uniform in colour scheme so additions/alterations are easy. There should be, somewhere among the piles, a series of sprues/bits for this. The main piece I want to find is the gate door, which is done in metal bars like the fences and looks really cool. There should also be a plethora of gargoyle bits. Oh and a bag of SoB rhino bits. If anybody knows where in the hell I left this crap, please inform.

There are lots of cool details in the walls, like these candles.

Cheers, nerds.

1 comment: