Thursday 12 September 2013

Mines/Roads

I was getting tired of our poorly sized, poorly designed minefields for Flames of War. The clear plastic markers would be good, if they weren't 6x2 instead of 8x2. So I sat down and constructed myself a good one for my engineers.
8x2 like all real minefields.
This unfortunate Italian conscript is having a rough day.
This little German lost his legs.
After the minefield I was still hankerin' for some modelin'. I cleaned up the leftover sand and inspiration struck. By peeling apart some foam board and giving it a light spray with a grey/silver spray paint it became nicely pitted like pavement. I proceeded to complete 15' of roads broken down into 20x12" 3x4" 2x6" and 6x2".
The roads compared to my little minefield.
Roads, roads, roads
I made a 6x4 table of Saskatchewan. That half-track driver hates his life.

All in all, I think I made my Parachute Engineers proud.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! The main problem with all our previous asphalt roads was having far too few. This looks like a nice big set. Nice minefields too, I am damn sick of that always-hidden clear-o-marker.

    ReplyDelete