Monday 9 September 2013

New Space Marines

As you all may know I am not only the Ork player of our little gaming group. When I started gaming, my first army was Dark Angels. Though I now introduce myself as an Ork player first, I still feel a strong connection to my other little green models. That is why I want to complain about/give praise to some new Space Marines.


Space Marine Stalker/Hunter
I'll start of on a good note with a model that I'm gonna buy when my local gaming dungeon gets it in.
Space Marine Stalker/HunterSpace Marine Stalker/Hunter
Yes, I am talking about the Space Marine Stalker/Hunter. I don't even know what it does and I want it. Not only is it a badass, but the set comes with enough extra bits to build a Krazy Killa Kan (KKK for short). I'm thinking of making the rokkit-meister and taking the sweet gatling guns to make Kan arms. I've always been a big fan of the Space Marine vehicles. Since they're all based off of the same chassis, they feel a little more uniform and practical than most things in the 41st millennium.


Space Marine Centurion SquadNow onto one of the worse models out there, the Centurions.
Space Marine Centurion SquadSpace Marine Centurion Squad
I mean they're Space Marines designed with the sole purpose of making fat people feel better about themselves. Maybe if they weren't painted in such bright colors they'ed look a little better, but they just look so damn stumpy. I feel that they've only been put into the book to give marines a Toughness 5 option like Obliterators (I'm pretty sure they're T5 correct me if I'm wrong) and at $94 for three of these fuckers I can guarantee you I will not purchase them.

Unless maybe I can turn them into Kans...

Lastly, when did this badass come out?
Space Marine Librarian
I'm not gonna lie, I first found him looking for pictures for this post. I don't need another Librarian, but this dude and cherub are pretty cool. I like his beard, but I'm not so sure about the force staff. I never found force staffs particularly useful or cool.

Anyways I think I'll stop, before I start complaining about the Thunderfire Cannon AKA the worst thing ever. I mean what kind of Space Marine uses towed artillery?

The worst kind of Space Marine, that's who.

2 comments:

  1. This is all too cool for me to deal with right now. I'm holding out on the centurions too. Look at the 360 view and from the back you can see that a normal sized marine has to step up into the centurio-armour. I just think GW needs to hire better photographers and not paint their armies bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're right. I want to see one close up at some point so I can pass final judgement. But seriously, what the fuck is with Imperial Fists?

    ReplyDelete