Friday 14 February 2014

Another Dakkajet?

I wanted to share something I created in true Ork fashion. To go along with my scratch built Stompa, I now posses a bespoke Dakkajet. 
Its construction is fairly simple. The wings and tail are both cut out of hardboard, the body is various tube things glued together and the canopy is thin clear plastic that I cut and bent into place. 
The turbo-prop is made out of Lego. I glued two giant burst cannons from the Riptide Battlesuit to the wings to represent the 3 Twin-Linked Super-Shootas the Dakkajet has. Looking at it now I think I need to do something about the space between the body and canopy. 

For comparisons sake, here's my other Dakkajet. I tried to give the original more of an A-10 look; I mounted rear engines high and added some munitions to the wings. My new one is a clear throwback to the Ju-87 G; it has the under-wing cannons, razorback canopy, single engine, and the Balkenkreuz on the tail (just in case you didn't get it).
Finally, I started building a huge building for 40k, You can see a teeny-weenie guardsmen for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment