Thursday 25 February 2016

Samurai

The other day I left work, feeling very sick, only to come home to a box of shiny new 15mm saumrai from Peter Pig. I bought them for dba, list IV-59(b), which is post mongol invasion Japan (around 1300-1500). All the samurai are blades, mounted samurai are cav, ashigaru are whatever they're equipped with (light spear in this case), and the warrior monks are warbands. It seems like a fun list, probably plays exactly like polybian romans, and should be very powerful against other infantry based lists.



More to the point, because I actually hate history and gaming, these models are dope. I am super impressed with the level of detail, and near complete absence of flash or mold lines. The models are one piece, including sashimono, which is actually a good thing, as I won't have to deal with little tiny banners constantly breaking off.


These dudes are based on pennies, as I ordered a few extras. There are actually 9 poses in all, only a selection are shown here, plus I have many monks and ashigaru. I even ordered some arquebus just in case. Osprey has a samurai skirmish game called "Ronin", which I will pick up next time they do a book sale. So who's up for a little 15mm samurai skirmish?

Lastly, Peter Pig does lots of other ranges. Their stuff isn't super cheap, I think 3 pounds for a pack of 8 models, but it's worth checking out. This lot cost me nearly 100 bucks (including the 15 dollar shipping, and keeping in mind our dollar is ass and a half), and there's less there than we got from old glory. I did get a little torii for a camp though.


 Either way fun times. I now have an army for dba book 1 (chariot era) and 4(high medieval). I won't be buying more for a while (or will I?), but keeping them to different time periods seems like a good call.

Nighty Night.

1 comment:

  1. Those seem like really detailed models, man. So Samurai are high medieval, eh?...I'll have to poke through those lists to prepare for when I have money/time. Cause I will blow both on some DBA.

    ReplyDelete