Saturday 6 February 2016

Some Painting

It's a shame they killed warhammer because these models are damn sexy.




In light of Jed's prolific hobbying I've been inspired to snap some pics of my recent painting (the whole point of this blog is to help keep motivated). I haven't done anything on the scale of a full gaming table, but progress is progress.

Here's what looks to me to be about 1/3 of a DBA RRR force. I went for the autumn bases as well because I'm a copycat. It's sweet to get all that colour on the model without having to actually paint it. I really think I should have cut the clumps smaller for 28mm models, but it's good enough that I won't be tearing it off the bases.



Next up are a couple more bases of greeks, painted for no reason at all other than to break up other projects. The only part on these guys worth looking at are the shields. I don't even highlight these guys tbh. I am very happy with how the cup shield turned out though.

In the end I would like to get all 8 chariots, 8 bases of spears, enough auxiliary elements, and a second camp done up so I can play a) large battle dba, and b) a trojan war game using the 2.2 trojan war lists. I think it would be a fun little self contained dba game, and I have more than enough figures.



The real treat for today is these two bad mama jamas. I think the chaos warrior might be the perfect canvas for trying out new painting techniques. It's got flat armour plates, cloth, leather, fur, and just enough buckles to look real, but not so many as to cause hair loss. On top of that, my camera actually took some good photos of these guys!



There was probably something else I wanted to say.

3 comments:

  1. Dude those mama jammas are actually incredible. I know I always say this, but they're like professional standard. You should seriously think about commissions if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about those Chaos models; they are fantastic for painting. Also, where did you get your pike guys? I really want a Pike and Shotte army of some variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're by warlord games. We picked up a starter army at Meeplemart, but here's the idea: http://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/pike-shotte/products/thirty-years-war-imperialist-regiment

      Delete