Wednesday 24 February 2016

Some 6 Pounders

Look! I've got some 6 lbsers now. I added them to my 1420 point Canadian Infantry list. I like the addition.
They're very useful for defending my infantry from assaults. They're a nice round anti-tank 11. I'm a big fan of AT 11. It's perfect for dealing with those pesky late war Shermans and StuGs. I like AT 9 guns like the 7.5cm infantry guns of the Germans for defending against tank assaults but I've found them lackluster when it comes to actual ranged shootin.

Their only downside is that they can't fire bombardments. I was also looking at putting something like mortars in the list instead, which would allow me to pin as much as I want, but despite my Fireflies I feel I don't have enough anti-tank.

The difference between AT 10 on the Shermans and AT 11 on the 6 lbsers feels huge. Against an Up-armoured Easy 8 it allows you to destroy it at range, which is very handy. Plus it prevents almost anything from getting a save from side shots, which ensures my infantry's safety.
Model wise, you'll notice that these guys don't have gun sheilds. That's entirely cause I got them for free. A guy in my gaming group bought some of the plastic soldier company miniatures to use to make 6 Pounder GMCs. His turned out cool, but he used the gun sheilds. That's okay though, cause it means free guns for Jed.

However, the guns need gun sheilds. My plan is pretty simple: make shittay ones out of cardboard, then make little cam nets to throw over the guns. I'll post pics as it goes. I figure, worst case, 7 dead in horrible cardboard accident, and I'm out some free models.

Finally. Blogger deleted my last post. It was mostly me rambling about how awesome gaming is. It's lost forever now, remember it fondly.

Jed out mother fuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment