Tuesday 3 December 2013

Königstiger Schwere Panzerkompanie

Recently I purchased enough Königstigers to fill a Company. I still need some support elements But I think my 2000 point Coy will be as follows:

Confident    Veteran  
Schwere Panzerkompanie
Heavy Tank Company
German Late-War
Tank Company
PlatoonQtyUnitPoints
Headquarters
Schwere Panzerkompanie HQ p.71
2Königstiger (Henschel)695
Combat Platoons
Schwere Panzer Platoon p.71
1Königstiger (Henschel)345
Schwere Panzer Platoon p.71
1Königstiger (Henschel)345
Weapons Platoons
Panzer Pioneer Platoon p.74
1
1
2
2
Cmd Pioneer MG team
Schwimmwagen
Pioneer MG team
Opel Maultier
100
Panzer Anti-aircraft Gun Platoon p.75
3Wirbelwind (Quad 2cm)165
Panzer Scout Platoon p.75
1
2
Cmd Motorcycle MG team
Motorcycle MG team
110
Divisional Support Platoons
Armoured Artillery Battery p.168
1
1
1
1
3
1
1
1
Cmd SMG team
Staff team
Kfz 15 field car
Kfz 68 radio truck
Wespe
Sd Kfz 9
Observer Rifle team
Sd Kfz 250
240
Company Points:2000

It's not the most competitive list, but it'll look so cool.The idea is that almost everything is armored enough to make the opponents force useless. I'm either gonna mount the pioneers on my Wirbelwinds or my Königstigers. The biggest problem I can foresee is my Wespes are vulnerable to counter battery fire. Those motorcycles can be replaced with Kubelwagons (Jeeps) for free as they have the same rules, so I'll be using captured American Jeeps in my force.

Here are some pictures of the force so far:
These are the Wirbelwinds. They'll get used mostly against Infantry as they'll be guarding my Tigers.
The models are form Forged in Battle. They're a lot cheaper than Flames of War, but they have bases, which is kind lame.
Since I have six King Tigers I can play about 2100 points of Tigers alone. They are an insane 345 points each.

I'll probably borrow some of Molgrimmar's models if I want to play before my pioneers come in. On the other hand, he can borrow a Tiger or two if he wants.

And thanks to www.EasyArmy.com for the list maker.

4 comments:

  1. That is so, so awesome. Our river is just a ditch to those things...oddly enough I'm almost as exited by the Whirbelwinds. I've always thought those looked really cool with the hex-a-turrets and their quad guns. With some armour and RoF 6 those will make great man-chasers. The firepower of a 50-cal on the guns leave something to be desired against Shturmoviks though...

    Once I'm back in Ottawa in a few weeks you can borrow models a-plenty, and yeah I'd be lying if I wasn't exited to try one of those beasties. I'm more exited to play against them though, I think that it'll be a really fun infantry-tank-hunting-time given that I can barely pierce their side armour! The Wespes are a cool choice, if you're concerned about the three getting wiped you could look at Nebelwerfers for cost. Man I am pumped to play some FoW when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you can have a Tiger if you want, unless I play two companies I can't see myself playing all 6. That said you can have up to 14 king tigers in one company (2 Tanks in HQ + 3x4 Tanks in Combat Platoons). You'd have to be insane though (4835 points).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also we could play a sweet German revolution game. The assassination attempt against Hitler worked and now there is a civil war in Germany. With Rommel and his tank companies fighting against a still vehement Nazi SS force will Germany rise to power as a country that the Allies can respect? or will the infighting be to no avail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far the only game Ive played against these monsters involved a desperate flamethrower attack which managed to drive one off the objective late game... I ran out of infantry though (that fucking top armour 2 is insane; I can see why Ben considers the panthers medium tanks by comparison). It is so terrifying when none of your guns work.

    ReplyDelete