Tuesday 10 December 2013

New Terrain and Northern Alberta

For the last few days I've been visiting my grandparents in Athabasca. It's about 2 hours North of Edmonton. For those who are ignorant enough not to know where Edmonton is, it's pretty far north, but not super far north. It's about -22 outside with a shit load of snow. I've been snowmobiling and shooting and freezing my ass off. Just so everyone knows I really like the word "snowmobile" because of the suffix "mobile" that I feel should be added to everything that moves. I mean, what sounds more awesome "hovercraft" or "hovermobile"? Hovermobile. Clearly.
Enough of my crazy rant. I'm writing this post to tell everyone about Game Craft Miniatures. They do 15mm MDF (hardboard) buildings that seem too good to be true. They also do some other shit, but nothing excites me like little buildings (am I a weirdo? probably.)

Picture of School Building - 15MMDF055
They require some assembly, but so do most miniatures. I got a factory, a school and a few ruined buildings. The biggest benefit of these things is their price.







Picture of Factory - 15MMDF111
The factory you see cost $13. In total I spent $50 to get a full city in 15mm. They're not the best when it comes to detail, and I'm gonna have to spend a bunch of time painting but 50 bucks to fill a city is unbeatable.









Picture of Ruined City Building 3 - 15MMDF003
I don't know how effective textured sprays are, but if I can find a good grey with a concrete texture that'll be the base. When it comes to WW2 I think it's important for the scenery to be as dreary as possible.

I'll post a thorough review when their in my hands, and maybe a city battle report. I just wanted to post 'cause I'm damn excited.


Lastly, how to you end blog posts? Are you supposed to say goodbye or some shit? 

2 comments:

  1. Those are incredible! Darko mentioned that you got a city, I was hoping you'd post something like this. Yeah textured spray is probably the way to go, I have a can or two at home but they're not too expensive at CanTire. <$15 for large buildings is not bad at all, and that hardboard looks durable enough to survive our ravages. I am really pumped for some city-fighting; I pretty much have no other reason to own 4 Brummbars.

    Also how the flammable fuck did you find a 'LEGO Battle of Kursk" video? I am so impressed. That, my friend, is a good end for a blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked at Zellers texture spray in a variety of greys, browns was $6 a can. Zellers is no more, but I assume that's a standard price.

    Laser cut wood scenery (and movement trays for fantasy) seems like a good quality to price ratio, factoring in that its easy to work with.

    Man, those LEGO Russians seemed a lot less cheery than the Germans. Actually, those LEGO germans seemed a little too cheery.

    ReplyDelete