Tuesday 6 August 2013

The Legions of Lustria Assemble

Something wonderful arrived in the mail today, my limited edition copy of the new Lizardmen Armybook and the Lizardmen battle magic cards. It is a glorious book, its got a gorgeous book sleeve to protect the leather bound book itself. The cover has a scaly feel to it and the pages are gold leaf trimmed. Soon I will post a complete review of the book's contents but just from a cursory glance it looks like a powerful set of rules. Also I plan to pick up some models to start this army and hopefully I will have a battle report up by the end of the summer, time permitting.
At first I was sceptical that the book was in there cause the box looked too small but low and behold GW managed to wedge it in.

Here it is fresh out of the packaging.
I immediately started pouring over it and as turned the first page a black envelope slide out of the back cover, what could it be?

Turns out that GW included a certificate of authenticity for each book.

This lead to a more thorough investigation of the book sleave and it turned out there was a sweet drawing of a battle scene on the inside of the sleave.


FOR THE GLORY OF LUSTRIA

3 comments:

  1. This is very exciting, Jake! Very exciting.
    From what I've seen and heard this army should be tons of fun, and that limited book looks quite impressive. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the rules and playing a good jungle/forest game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pimpin'. I'm exited to play against Lizzardmen, I don't think I ever have (minus that proxy-game we did). Well actually I'm mainly exited to fight not-elveses, but Skaven and Lizzardmen are natural foes. I like the new armoured-ceratops they put out for you, with the sun-blaster. That beast's hex-armour looks pretty good to me, and something that can actually deserve a 2+.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya I'm super excited to hatred your skaven, that new amoured-ceratops does have a 2+ scaly skin and it can't be flanked/rear-charged for the purposes of combat rez. I'm definitely gonna pick one of those up

    ReplyDelete