Thursday 30 January 2014

Konverting Kool Karskins

Привет everybody.
This week I've been converting Karskins to Dark Angels Scouts with shotguns. I absolutely love the models, they look like total badasses. Much better than the muffler gunners that Games Workshop calls stormtroopers

On top of this, I'm not a big fan of the Space Marine Scout models. They are way to screaming and running to be tactical. They also have these over/under, pump action, tube fed, shotgun monstrosities with an ejection port that's lower than the barrel that I think are ridiculous. This is a problem I have with bolters as well. It's like the designer doesn't know how a gun works. Anyways, I figured I could do better.
What I started with.



The first thing I did was trim off all the antenna with the exception of the sergeant. I wanted him to be easily distinguished as I wasn't using the actual Karskin sergeant. This was a good idea until I also decided to do a head swap on the commander. I added more to their back packs, giving them more pouches and rolled up camo-cloaks. They are actually rolled up "things" from the Ravenwing Bike sprue. I figured that they spend a lot more time in the field than most troops and therefore must be prepared to rough it for long periods of time. Plus, Scouts without camo-cloaks boggles my mind. Go to ground in 4+ cover with 5 scouts and all of a sudden you've got 2+ cover saves on a 70 point squad. Moving that sounds exausting.
The Vet Sarge's Backpack

I next filed off the distinctive laz-nozzle of their guns, I've got to glue a new muzzle on and make a little ejection port. I also gave them shoulder pads on their left side as that's the way they're shooting. While Karskins already had 4+ saves, but the shoulder pads give the Scouts a little more bulk with the added benefit of a sweet Dark Angels symbol. (Yes, I know they are Ravenwing shoulder pads, but in my defense, Fuck You.)
Vet Sarge with his muzzle-less gun and huge shoulder pad
I added some more grenades and did a head swap for the Vet-Sarge. I figured he needed a hood to be all Dark Angels-y.
Vet Sarge again
And there you have it. My new scouts.


До свидания, Comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment