Wednesday 15 May 2013

MTG Confusion Deck


Possibility Storm

I know I just posted, but this is a different topic and therefore, in my opinion, warrants a different post.

I'm making a new Magic: The Gathering deck after the new set came out to make sure I stay in standard. It'll be a Confusion Deck, based on milling and cards that are confusing. I'll list out what I'm putting in it so far and leave it up to the internet to tell me I'm stupid. Keep in mind that I normally play multi-way games (3-5 player, Anyone can attack Anyone, shit-shows) and I'm looking at making a fun deck rather than a super competitive one.
Turn // Burn
The first number is the number of cards in the deck, the second is the number of those cards I have. If one of the "Guys" has the cards I need, tell me so I can steal them.

Increasing Confusion10/10 Islands
4/4 Mountains
4/4 Swamps
1/1 Izzet Guildgate
1/1 Rakdos Guildgate
1/1 Dimir Guildgate
1/1 Izzet Cluestone
1/1 Rakdos Cluestone
1/1 Dimir Cluestone
2/2 Conjured Currency
1/1 Mindcrank
2/2 Shreikgeist
2/2 Beguiler of Wills
1/1 Possibility Storm
1/1 Reforge the Soul
1/1 Pilfered Plans
1/1 Skull Rend
1/1 Psychic Strike
1/1 Notion Theif
1/1 Undercity Plague
1/1 Geralfs Mindcrusher
1/1 Crypt Incursion

2/1 Flux Charger
2/1 Curse of the Bloody Tome
4/2 Thought Scour
4/1 Increasing Confusion
2/1 Shreiking Affliction
4/2 Turn/Burn
2/1 Selhoff Occultist

My idea is hopefully I can screw with other peoples game enough that I can pull off a Mill win condition. Should be fun.


2 comments:

  1. Okay awesome. This opens an exciting new door of Magic related posting! I like this deck a lot better than the way it was before. I have no complaints about a confusion deck so long as it confuses everyone similarly, as opposed to simply removing a player from the game. I don't know what all these cards do, but I'm liking the look of it, and I have a bunch of thought scours you can have. Also, turn/burn is cool and utility as a 2 in 1, but I'm not sold on the fuse. I feel like there is better removal in red if you're going to be paying 5 anyways. I would maybe drop that down to 2 turn/burn and add in something more reliable for pure creature destruction like mizzium mortars, murder, tragic slip, or dreadbore.

    Also, keeping up this daily posting is great, especially since Faeit 212 was shut down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. remember that when you fuse two cards you can pick different targets for them. I can essentially take out two creatures if I wait to be attacked.

      Delete