Wednesday 15 May 2013

Painting, with Jed McFred

So first off, I'd like to say good morning, I hope everyone had a wonderful sleep.

Second, "fuck yeah, mother fucking posts, mother fucker".

Third, I painted and based some mother fucking Flames of War...
Mother. Fuckers.

They're not quite done; the tanks need some detailing, the infantry are half assed and Abrams is still unbuilt, but I'd still like to post what I've done so far... if it's okay with you guys. If it's not okay then too fucking bad cause here it is:


The basic theme for the army is winter 1944. I decided on white washed 4th Armoured Shermans and Bastogne-y Paratroopers. The white washing was done with a sponge over an olive drab spray called "Army Green" from "The Army Painter."

The basing was done with drywall filler It goes on a weird pinky colour and dries white.



The objectives are made out of spare Sherman parts. One is a half Sherman sticking out of the base attempting to give the illusion that it got stuck when it backed into pond or ditch or something. The other is some variety of historically inaccurate bunker with a Sherman turret. Pretty sweet stuff if I do say so myself.


Finally, I took a sweet picture of my tanks and The Darkster's tanks tanking it up like tanks do.


I'm probably the worst painter out of the five of us, so I've decided to just out produce everyone Soviet style. You should see more posts up soon.

Guitar Solo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jed those winter Shermans are truly fantastic. I read about that sponging but never tried it...damn that looks good. I can't wait to winter-battle those fuckeeers!

    ReplyDelete