Wednesday 15 May 2013

Persnickety characters post #1 - Liche High Priest

So I decided to start with persnickety characters, specifically the Liche High Priest.

NOTE: I have not yet switched to the new GW paints so all my paints are the old colours and as I am a lazy bastard I will not be finding the new names for these colours. However, if you absolutely must know get off your lazy ass and google it.

Step #1

I started with a thorough wash with Gryphonne Sepia, which decided to take a long ass time to dry so I also washed the rest of my Tomb Guard.



This fucker's arm fell off mid stroke, therefore he has consequently been relegated to the back rank for the next battle and hopefully he will learn his lesson.
 Sooooo.......yeah step #1 was kinda boring........fuck this liche is still drying WTF!



Step #2

So after finally organizing his shit the liche managed to dry and step two commenced.
I'm going for a tainted obsidian look for the staff, so I started by picking out the staff in Chaos Black while trying carefully to avoid smudging onto the ribbon rapped around it (I failed, profanity insued).


Next I put a layer of Midnight Blue over the Chaos Black to give that ominous deep purple effect and picked out the emblem at the top in gold.
The next thing I'm planning is for a sweet lightning bolt on the blade of the staff and for a more dark and silver theme instead of the traditional TK gold, in an effort to make the liche stand out in a crowd of equally dead looking fuckers.

Thats all for tonight, I'm going to bed.......so much for going to bed on time.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Sweet painting dude, I cant wait to see them done.

    2. Why does one guy have his shield upside-down ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see how that obsidian turns out, the purple base looks like a good start. I don't see any ribbon smudges either...looking sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, some of the shields come like that, most of the upside-down shields have sweet spikes on them exept this guy's cause hes the spaz in the unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any leftover shields?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bits box no longer has enough room for my extra bits so I started storing my extra bits in an empty batallion box, so yeah I have a couple extra shields

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete