Tuesday 9 July 2013

Challenge Accepted

Soooo...
Sorry I haven't posted in like forever. I bought the High Elf Army Book and built 16 Seaguard. Ive also written a Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing campaign.

So far, the book is awesome!

Right now I'm thinking "Badass Phoenix Army". I really like the Phoenix Guard/Mage combo for the 3+ ward save. Me and Jakester played a really close game last weekend and my Phoenix Guard consistently  preformed above expectations. To give you an idea of how close it was, at the end of the game all that remained was one of Jake's Skeleton archer units with some scary character in it. I played one unit of 20 Sword Masters and one unit of 20 Phoenix Guard and next time I'm gonna switch to only PG's. I also really like the phoenix's with their crazy napalm strikes!

My list'll look something like this when I'm done.

2x 20x Phoenix Guard
2x 20x Sea Guard
4x Bolt Thrower
2x Lvl 2 Mages (They'll join the PG's)
A Flamey Phoenix 
and an Anointed of Asuryan.

What do ya think about that?

As for the Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing campaign we've adapted it for a wild west theme.
I can't reveal too much, but it'll be badass. After we play I'll post the entire campaign.

I shall post again when I've painted my Dakkajet. I'm also thinking of buying a Stompa in honor of the new Apocalypse book. The big decision would be weather to make a Lifta-droppa Stompa, a Gatling Gun Stompa or try to make a little bit of both. I'm gonna look at the sprues online and try to decipher what is possible.

Bitchin.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are both mages on high magic/ is that the source of the buffed ward saves.
    edit: Jake, I was wrong, unspecified regen is 4+, sorry if that negatively impacted any decisions you made. Most things it does give a specific number anyways :S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No its cool, it doesn't change much, that guy rarely has regen anyway. He has to cause unsaved wounds to a unit whilst his unit is at full strength so it was just luck that it happened in that game.
    How many points are those phoenix guard? They were pretty powerful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, both mages are high magic. theyre 15 point per model befor factoring in command and banners and stuff.

    ReplyDelete