Wednesday 10 July 2013

Tick Tock, Motherfuckers

Ugly brute, sure could use a wash. get it? Geeeet it?
Aaaah, much better!

I am a hobby martyr.

But in all seriousness, I'm 4 and half hours into an audio book, which means all of that time was spent painting, so really that was all one marathon painting day. I've also learned that even though it's a very large model, its only a few colours in big areas.

Also, I've bought a pot of khorne red. It's a blood red foundation paint, but is a bit too bright for my purposes. If any of you would happen to have a mechrite red that hasn't dried up I would happily trade for it for this brand new, barely touched khorne red.

5 comments:

  1. Thats looking pretty good, is mechrite red a foundation paint? or just an old paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a foundation paint from the previous line.

      Delete
    2. I might be able to buy you a new one from the hobby store here

      Delete
  2. I have mechrite red but it's my only real red atm...and it's in Sadder-loo. That looks good, I think I may have ended up double-inking parts of my Mournfangs to help blend.

    The foliage really does look "summoned"...I dunno but it looks like it is springing up instantly under his steps. I couldn't really see it before it was painted. Can he get a bird's nest too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( blending is hard. I applied another wash to some areas, and that big line across the shoulder I'm going to cover in moss anyways so it's not a concern. What really stumps me is the knuckles. I did the legs in dark flesh, and put bits of dwarf flesh on the knuckles but it is such a dramatic contrast it just looks dumb. At the same time, however, I don't want to just leave it.

      Delete