Friday 19 July 2013

Storage solutions and a gun-spider

I picked up a case and some magnet tape today at staples to build a storage/transportation unit for my ancients.

 The strips are adhesive magnet tape. It's only $1.50 for 30 inches (~75 cm) of magnet. I had to glue the ends, but the adhesive is surprisingly strong. I bought too much so if somebody wants some they can buy me a soda or something.

As you can see it is resilient to shaking and tilting. The magnetic movement trays interfere just enough that it can't be inverted though :(.

The case was a little pricey at $15.00, but was exactly what I wanted and easy to find, so I guess I was paying for the convenience. I'm sure a less expensive alternative could be found.


There's just enough room left in the case for my cavalry bases plus a little extra for chits, dice, cards or whatever other doodads I want to bring along.

I've also assembled this new spider. I'm very happy with how well the tesla destructor fit on the back. Now I just need to fit it to the base.

Om nom nom.

2 comments:

  1. One day I'll remember to sign in first and not delete my whole comment. :C That box looks amazing, so many of those organizer boxes have no durability and would die to the first sit-upon. Those hexagons look rugged and the top clasp looks gaming-grade.

    I like the tomb spyder a lot, it's how I'd picture self-propelled Necron artillery/AA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just hate the little dangling leg necron drivers in the official model, and I don't really fancy the tomb spyder rules. I do love the tomb-spyder model, however, and the annihilation barge is kind of silly in it's amazing power. I promise to only ever play one.
      I think if you choose select profile after typing it saves what you have typed as you sign in. I'm using a google+ profile and it works. Worst case if you just choose name/url it lets you type any title you want, so you can just type in your name.

      Delete