Tuesday 23 July 2013

Sneaking up on the Competition.

Oooh. Look at this. I'm catching up.

Hopefully Shoost is distracted enough not to finish before I get the chance. Its hard to see from this distance so I'll fill you in on the painting details. I based it green. I know this is very atypical but I'm much too lazy to paint an entire model green after painting it black. I then washed all the stuff I'm going to leave green with black. I'm then gonna do base colors for specific parts followed by a wash for those parts. Last step will be taking lighter colors and highlighting.

As you may have noticed this is not your typical Dakka Jet. With some very simple conversions I turned it into a more A-10 Warthog-ey aircraft. By cutting the fronts of the bombs and putting on some nozzles from something I added two more engines (for more fastitude). By flipping over the wings and putting them on the wrong side I made them slope down (just because it looks cooler). I pushed green stuff in the holes for the bombs to hide them. I left some Rokkits on the top of the wing because, even though they're not playable, they are super cool. I don't know how many guns the model is supposed to have, so I just shoved them all on in true orky fashion. In short it is a crazy beastie.
Also In the background you can see my new mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse. That's also pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment