Saturday 27 July 2013

Treeman status: Complete

Hooray! Everybody has posted, some several times, in a flurry of impressive hobby-ing. This afternoon I've put the last touches on my treeman and am excited to show him off. It's not 100%, more like 97% complete since there are little details I would like to add. I like the idea of a birds nest, and he needs a few little spirits on his back. That aside, the model is totally painted, which is most important.


Front

Close up on his ugly mug. There are 5 colours in the eyes, which is more than any other part of the model.


But what is this blue tail you may ask?
I know this is a point which may be met with opposition, but I have deliberated with myself enough to know it's for the best.







The army derives certain amounts of inspiration from Princess Mononoke. Not usually anything substantial, just to help make colour and theme choices. For example I painted all of the little spirits white, and used the Iron Town colours on my banners. Here what I've tried to do is simulate the forest spirit in the movie that transforms into a huge blue elemental beastie.















For comparison, there's what I did on the tail, and what it's supposed to mimic. It's just the back leg, since he is in between forms.

This means that the challenge is essentially over, but that is no reason to post and/or comment any less. I quite enjoy seeing cool models, and it's more exciting to see ones I may ever actually see in person, as opposed to just perusing the internet. Plus we can plan games and talk rules and shit like that.

Also did up these movement trays while I had all the browns out. The dead boar is another loose reference to Princess Mononoke.


2 comments:

  1. I'm suprised how much I like that ethereal tail actually...that looks really good. Particularly how well it blends into the brown while still looking ghostly. Those stars painted onto the blue are probably what's doing it. I like the boar-tray too, I didn't think I'd see that completed for a long while. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing is spectacular but i cant wait to see it in person. That is to say, I cant wait to see those fantastically painted eyes widen in terror as he is hurled into the Pit of Shades..


    or, you know, death-axe to the face. Both seem to be working pretty well for me.

    Jed popped by around 1 Am last night to play a game of Flames. He also said he wants to come over next friday, so if there are any takers we can try out this new Apocalypse book he also brought over. Ill read through it over the next few days and put up a review so everybody can taste a little

    ReplyDelete