Tuesday 9 July 2013

Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing

I decided that I lied.

I'm gonna tell more about the campaign. We decided by changing the rules for the firearms, the rules set works fantastically for oldy times. The biggest thing we noticed was how many of the careers applied to this theme. With the exception of the mage and the troll slayer, most careers can be made to apply quite easily. The coachman, the preacher, and the peasant for example all are basically the same. As for pistols I figured we'd increase reliability and the reload speed of the repeater pistol and it's basically a revolver. As for the plot I figured I'd give the opening so the guys can use it to make their characters.

Well here it is:
"It's a rainy evening when you ride into Wintersprings.  The normally busy streets are near bare as people dash between the cover of buildings. With you is the notorious Curly "The Cruel" Donovan. You caught him two days ago taking a shit, and he hasn't stopped cursing you since. You're tired, soaked to the bone, and, with $15 between you, almost out of food and money."

I think that sets the mood pretty well. Keeping track of money will be kind of important, you may need to place bribes, and housing and food can take a chunk out of your income. If all the guys think up characters ahead of time, we may be able to finish the campaign in 6 hours of solid playing.


I also decided to get that Stompa and also some more Killa Kans so I can play a Dred Mob in apocalypse. I'll make the purchases this weekend. For +50 points I can make it so all Kans within 12 inches of the Stompa count as obscured. I'll also turn my 3 homemade Kans into 2 homemade Dreds. It might also be fun to play a Mek Boy army in regular 40k as well.
The points breakdown will be as such.

1090pt Dred Mob
-2x3 Kans w/ Grotzookas (2x135 pts)
-2x1 Dreds w/ Scorchas (2x85 pts)
-Stompa as Da Big Dred One (600 pts)
-50 pts for the formation

What does yous peoples think?


FINALEMENT! I got a tattoo. The picture doesn't really do it justice. The phone on my camera isn't really good (Yes I know I said it backwards) and mirror pictures are trickier than I expected. I got it done at True North Tattoo in Kingston and I highly recommend the place. It only took about an hour and a half and turned out beautiful.




D'accord. Thats all I have to say.

3 comments:

  1. My skin looks really pasty in the photo as well.
    Sadface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the formation from the current apocalypse book, is it rumoured to stay the same? I ask on account of the new rules coming out this saturday.
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1090018a&prodId=prod2090066a
    You don't have to worry about the formation not being there, since they're already selling it, but I wonder what the rules will be.
    Also, we should have a conversation about this weekend; scheduling and characters for the game and stuff. Here is fine or on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, it's the old one but I figure either way I'll have lots of Kans and a Stompa and therefore be happier than I was before.

    ReplyDelete