Tuesday 23 July 2013

So I've been a little delayed...

But I'm finally ready to join in on this deluge of posting.

So I've been working on my dark elf infantry and ended up finishing all of my Blackguard. This is kind of an accomplishment for me because I don't really have the patience to finish a whole unit before jumping to something else.





Leading the unit is the Master in Crimson. This roving Druchii swordsman swaggers from Lord to Lord, disregarding all vows of loyalty and coldly mocking the sanctity of duty. His unparalleled skills in single combat and his complete, unwavering devotion to murder have recently earned him a favorable place in the household of the Balewind dynasty, where he takes his place at the front of the most unrelentingly cruel troops in the army.


The model is a Reaper mini, but it looks so much like a Dark Elf it couldn't not make it into my war-host.










Ive also painted a little of my cavalry force, including several more Dark Riders and the first bits of the Cavalry Master. Ive got an entire unit mostly completed. The bases need more work but i still have to find a style of shrubbery I like...








I also doodled the Crimson Swordsman in MSpaint and thought Id share. This shit is what I did instead of painting his unit.







Edit: I also just received an interesting package in the mail...

Whats inside, i wonder? Will I open it before its owner gets back to my house?


















Of course I will.





7 comments:

  1. What's this house behind the black guard? And those black guard are awesome. I'm glad that reaper swordsman is finished, and hopefully can duel my reaper wood elf swordsman at some point.

    I think the bases look good with those tufts. It looks like some cold rocky earth where only shit shrubs can grow. Like Rohan, I imagine. I have some moss if you want a chunk next time we gather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they come from the land of chill. I imagine you'd only get small shrubberies and weeds.

      ANd I do remember your moss was really good, i really would like to get my hands on some

      Delete
    2. Oh and I bought a small house from the same set as those sandbags. They sell a few small kits like that at Kobolds corner; if you guys like this one enough I might buy another.

      Delete
    3. Would the Kobold's corner happen to have the sandbags?

      Delete
  2. I`m going to bring this back up on account of the excitement I`m feeling. What with these new small houses and tower, with a few simple based terrain pieces we can create a really good looking fantasy town. Maybe a well, some small walls and signs.
    I still have a bunch of leaves like on the treeman base, and was thinking I could make a small cabbage patch on a beer mat, but I`ve been holding out hoping that I could potentially find a couple pumpkins for that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. I was also in the mood for terrain building and so have begun work on a small shrine based on a beer coaster. i have no idea how it'll turn out because i'm not really the terrain guy.

    Fucking red lines. lignes. EURGHGEGEEGHHg take that spellcheck

    ReplyDelete