Saturday 20 July 2013

Delayed Painting Response

So Wooster Shooster issued a sort of painting *shall-awnj* a while back and my lack of response was taken by some as weakness in the painting department. Actually I was just too consumed by hobbying (and midterms) to actually post yet this summer so here's a general painting update and challenge progress:

I've focused on Flames of War at the moment as my army is tantalizingly close to painted, and the smaller figures are easier to churn out in these busy months. Since the challenge was issued, I've finally made progress on my StuGs, which have bothered me for a while with all their little nooks and crannies. I glued the schurzen (those spaced armour plates on the sides) on first which was a bit of a mistake. I camo'ed them up cause I was sick of having simple vomit-mobiles...I like how the camo came out and it's fairly quick to paint. I stipple on a layer of 50/50 camo-colour/yellow before stippling straight camo-colour to get an airbrushed look.

III little Sturmgeshutzen IIIs, my current challenge progress.
My flash was doing wacky things...some pics came out yellowish, some bleached.
 Challenge wise I've only really done those StuGs since it was issued, but before that I finished up the last of the unpainted infantry models in my army. These other summer paintjobs:
4 bases of Grenadiers making up 3rd platoon.
Two 8cm mortar teams to finish the 4-tube battery. These guys are so flexible they're a must in any infantry force I run. Those sandbags are play-dough...reminds me not to get greedy and just dig them in 1st turn.
4 bases of MG42s to talk with Ivan. One of these guys really hero-ed it up last game.

A slow but tough attacking force.
Hopefully I should get some more posts up this summer...currently on my modelling plate is an artillery battery and some excellent 1:100 aircraft models I scored at the Ottawa aviation museum gift shop of all places. One box for under $20 got me a Me-262 (usable in FoW) and a Me-163 Komet (not but badass). It even came with the rocket-flea unit decal! 
"Like a flea...but WHEEEEEE!"


1 comment:

  1. This is truly impressive. That camo looks top notch in both white and yellow lighting, so not bad lol.
    This really makes me want to paint up something, anything in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete